We are looking for a talented and creative designer in the 3D hard goods: accessory, décor field. This position will work closely with the Sr Designer to generate new concept designs for home fragrance products within defined themes and seasonal concepts.
- Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as fabrication, materials, color schemes and designs for upcoming seasons.
- Have Knowledge of fabrication, color, applique/prints, sourcing. Have great design eye for decor and fashion trends.
- Researches trends and patterns for upcoming seasons
- Conceptualize & Translate design trends into concepts & designs that respond to merchant line architecture for the relevant product category.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and fast paced environment, with a great degree of self-motivation and personal initiative.
- Assist in the creation and execution of all stages of design and development – concept to spec.
- Create tech packs & specs with technical industrial design understanding to be sent to vendors for seasonal designs
- Great communication skills and organization in fast paced environment.
- Communication in team, design partners, & vendors
- Capable of drawing and preparing for presentations in fast paced environment. Capable of Organize Design board layouts and printouts.
- Conceptualizes multiple creative solutions to address product strategies with multiple design options within cost parameters
- Creates and executes final designs and mechanicals that can be manufactured within provided cost parameters
- Partners with Merchants and Product Development to ensure the integrity of the design is maintained during the product development process and ensure products are executed on time within financial parameters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design preferred
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in industrial/product design, preferably in plastic products
- Strong sense of design, fashion and color with the ability to translate into new products
- Strong conceptualization, sketching and ideation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to visualize a design in 3D
- Experience with 3D design programs (such as SolidWorks) is a plus
- Proven ability in the area of product illustration – both modern and whimsical with a lot of detail
- Must be adept in drawing accurate 2D views of plastic products through sketching and illustrator-style renderings
- Drawing and illustration skills strongly preferred
- Strong fashion sense with ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly to the customer and meet financial objectives
- Strong understanding of trends and how to apply them to product designs
- Understanding of material costs
- Create production mechanicals that represent the aesthetics of the original design, execute final graphic looks within cost parameters
- Experience taking product from concept to mechanicals
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects – must be change agile and flexible in organizing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Proven ability to interpret a vision and create a design from that vision
- Strong communication skills
- Travel between NYC & Columbus for major meetings/ presentations
- Press/Component or Product Approvals
- Store visits and/or customer insights focus groups
- Art Direction at Photo-shoots
- Domestic travel for patterning