This role will be filled in Dublin, OH. Job ID: 47975
Nationwide is seeking a creative expert experienced in using video and animation to turn complex ideas into simple, visual stories. The ideal candidate will have a strong pulse on contemporary video trends, as well as an understanding of graphic design best practices for color, composition, and typography.
•Filming, editing, and creating compelling videos and animations
•Developing scripts and messaging for the different deliverables in a campaign
•Planning and executing promotional campaigns with design packages and storyboards
•Creating written and visual content for print, web, and email
Most work is done independently but requires collaboration. Imagination, initiative, and patience will be key to handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment. Knowledge of HTML is not required, but would be pretty awesome. Must be proficient in a variety of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
Job Summary: Plans, develops and implements complex internal/external communication projects. Designs and provides advice to management on communication plans for an assigned business unit.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Manager/Director
Core Duties and Responsibilities: Associates in this job classification will typically specialize in a communications area such as associate communications, internal/external information dissemination, and internal/external web site content. And may support a corporate or business unit team.
General Communications Duties:
1. Designs, develops, produces and distributes communication tactics and projects for internal/external communication projects.
2. Evaluates internal/external communication issues and makes recommendations to management and project leaders on communication projects, opportunities and alternatives to ensure that the communication plans support the business unit and/or department strategic initiatives and objectives.
3. Plans, develops and implements communication projects for internal/external audiences. Assists in the development of strategic communication plans. Writes edits and coordinates communications tactics.
4. Plans, prepares and disseminates information concerning the company and/or business unit. Evaluates the impact and effectiveness of communication materials and programs and provides recommendations to management on new/revised programs.
5. May serve as a project leader for assigned communication projects.
6. Writes communication plans, discussion guides, presentations, talking points, speeches, etc. Develops PowerPoint support for presentations as needed. Presents reports, presentations and plans to management.
7. Handles all matters with discretion and maintains confidentiality of all information.
8. May perform need assessments and evaluate possible solutions/alternatives in order to develop and recommend new communication programs and strategies. May assist in the development and implementation of survey tools for researching information and opinion.
9. Assists in training other communications associates.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Focus – Intranet Content:
Applies creative skills involving Web flow and site organization and marketing communications techniques. Coordinates with project teams and related staff to develop and implement Web site objectives. Assists the identification of website applications and coordinates the development of content to meet objectives. Coordinates with Web technical development team to ensure that required technical features are feasible and can be implemented.
Ensures Web content reflects Web writing best practices, and uses a content management system to publish the content. Develops project work plans for website development and implements the tactics within the work plan. Ensures that decisions are documented and reflected in work plans; manages customer expectations for timelines and implementation.
Position Focus – Media Relations:
Assists with creating media relations plans, pitches, talking points, press release, fact sheets and online content for media. May occasionally assist with writing and preparing speeches accompanied by audiovisuals and appropriate handouts.
Position Focus – Public Relations:
May act as a spokesperson in certain circumstances with manager permission.
Position Focus – Event Marketing:
Establishes agendas and coordinates all logistics for special programs/meetings.
Position Focus: Associate Publications:
Edits and manages publication areas. Writes articles involving depth and high-level of knowledge. Finds story ideas with minimal guidance. Manages layout and publication, coordinates with designers and edits copy for message. Provides guidance on story ideas to other team members.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in communications, journalism, advertising or related field; degree preferred.
Experience: Typically 5 or more years of related experience in a communications field including leading corporate communications projects, editing and writing, communications coaching, developing & executing communications projects.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge in communication techniques and strategies. Demonstrated knowledge in advertising, public relations, and sales marketing communication concepts.
Skills and Competencies: Ability to manage projects, set priorities and drive for results. Must have the ability to lead communications projects. Must have experience in project management planning and organization. Must have the ability to analyze business needs and develop communications plans and programs. Must be able to research, plan and develop communications strategies and programs.
Must have the ability to influence multiple cross-functional teams. Must have the ability to prepare and present verbal presentations and demonstrations translating policy and technical concepts to all types of audiences. Must have high-level verbal and written communication skills. May require bilingual skills i.e., English and Spanish. Must have high-level mastery of Word, PowerPoint and Lnotes.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and Human Resources.
Over Time Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Extended work hours may be necessary during periods of heavier volume of work. May need to be available to work in field locations to provide media support for catastrophic (CAT) situations.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.