The Columbus chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) is pleased to announce that a student or alumni of your school could be the winning recipient of the Marvin Brown Scholarship this year.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a $500 award to a deserving high school student who is going to attend an accredited college or university to undertake studies in the area of Marketing, Communications, Journalism and/or Advertising.
- Candidates must be graduating Seniors or Alumni of a Central Ohio high school. Preference will be given to graduates of high schools in Franklin County, and subsequently to graduates of high schools in contiguous counties.
- Candidates must be enrolled full-time at any accredited four year college or university.
- Candidates must have a 2.9 GPA or higher (on a scale with A=4.0).
- Candidates must have a career goal in advertising, communications or marketing fields.
- Candidates must have participated in extracurricular activities and/or community services.
- Financial need (30%)
- Academic potential (25%)
- Career goals (20%)
- Character, leadership potential (15%)
- Extracurricular activities and/or community service (10%)
A Selection Committee has been appointed by the Co-Presidents of AAF Columbus. The Appointees are professionals in the fields of advertising, marketing and teaching.
- Scholarship award shall be paid directly to the educational institution the award recipient attends.
- Funds may be used to support the student’s expenses for tuition, books, and room and board.
The application needs to be completed and returned to AAF Columbus by March 31, 2016.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to providing this award to an outstanding student!
Here’s the link to the application form: