AAF Columbus Silver Medal Award
Recognizing professionals who have shaped our industry.
The American Advertising Federation’s Silver Medal Award Program was established in 1959 to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to advertising and who have been active in furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence and responsibility in areas of social concern. Annually, AAF Columbus bestows this honor upon an outstanding member of the local advertising community.
The Silver Medal recipient is recognized at our local AAF Annual Meeting and honored at a ceremony later that month at the AAF National Conference.
Silver Medal Award Criteria
Silver Medal recipients are selected by a panel of judges from each local chapter. Judges use the following criteria when making their selections:
- Contribution to His/Her Company – The recipient must have achieved success in one of the following areas of work: advertising agency, advertiser, media or advertising service.
- Creative Ability – The recipient must have shown a consistent, high degree of original thinking in their field.
- Contributions to the General Advancement of Advertising – The recipient must have worked to increase the stature and raise the standards of the advertising profession.
- Contributions to the Community – The recipient should be someone who has been active in civic, religious or other groups dedicated to human or social welfare.
Silver Medal nominees need not be members of AAF Columbus.
Nominations can be made by employees, co-workers or acquaintances.
Click here for a list of past recipients.
As we bring our chapter year to a close, AAF Columbus invites you to our 2017 Annual Meeting, to be held Friday, May 19, as we honor this year’s Silver Medal Award winner.
Also at this event, come help us celebrate the following:
- Winners of the AAF District 5 and National ADDY Awards
- Our Past Presidents and previous Silver Medal Award Recipients
- Successes from the 2016-2017 Year
- Announcement of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors
- Introduction of the 2017-2018 Leadership