Job Title: Bookkeeper/Accountant
Advertise America Inc. is seeking an experienced part-time bookkeeper to oversee and manage the company’s day-to-day accounting functions with an expected time commitment of approximately 20 hours per week, which could increase based on employee availability and company growth. The Advertise America bookkeeper should be highly organized and efficient with an eye for detail, a high level of accuracy and indisputable integrity. The position is task, results and deadline oriented, therefore, affording flexibility of work schedule and timing.
Interested individuals should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertise America is a privately held, women-owned enterprise based in Westerville, Ohio that has been successfully operating for over 24 years. Advertise America is a full-service promotional advertising company providing expertise in all areas of branded merchandise promotions, creative, sourcing and fulfillment, serving clients and projects globally. Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience.
The Advertise America bookkeeper will be responsible for processing and managing all company financial transactions, client invoicing and accounts receivable, vendor purchase orders/invoices and accounts payable, tax and financial reporting requirements, payroll processing and reporting, check processing, bank/credit card account reconciliations and other typical tasks associated with small business accounting. A schedule of tasks is included below.
Utilizing Quickbooks Premier, the Advertise America bookkeeper will produce periodic financial statements including cash flow, P&L and balance sheet, presenting information to owners monthly (or as needed) with observations and analysis. The Advertise America bookkeeper will prepare and manage annual budgets, communicating pertinent information, trends and developments to company owners and senior staff on a timely basis. This position will also be integral in providing company operating metrics for sales such as net profitability, historical sales comparisons, sales by account representative, sales by customer and other valuable company performance details, as may be requested or developed.
The Advertise America bookkeeper will interface and communicate with valued Advertise America vendors, clients, partners and associates; therefore, a courteous, professional, team-oriented attitude is critical. The successful candidate should be a skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management skills. Candidates should understand and abide by accepted accounting principles and procedures and have a commitment toward ethical behavior in the workplace.
Qualifications & Skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented with the discipline to perform under minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Quick Books Premier, Microsoft Office Excel/Word/Outlook or comparable experience necessary.
- Experience with order management and CRM database systems valuable
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written.
- Compassionate demeanor with a customer and teammate appreciative attitude.
Advertise America Bookkeeper Responsibilities & Duties
- Check Email—print 2 copies of any invoices, respond as necessary
- Monitor bank accounts—look for any ACH deposits, or EFT’s not recorded in checking account and credit card deposit account
- Process incoming mail—make a copy of any invoices received, copy any checks received, give catalogs/vendor mailings to Client Services Coordinator, personal mail to Owner
- Prepare bank deposit from any checks received
- Match vendor invoices with purchase orders; enter as payables
- Prepare customer invoices for which all information has been received
- Import Purchase Orders and Sales Orders from Sage Order Management to Quickbooks
- Apply/Process payments (cash and credit) from customers
- Pay bills- print/process/mail checks
- Calculate sales commissions and enter bills/charges
- Prepare and process payroll
- Review receivables and send notices for past due
- Prepare cash flow statement
- Make federal tax deposit
- Pay Ohio Sales tax
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card and LOC reconciliations
- Adjust inventory as needed
- Pay Ohio withholding tax
- File and pay ODJFS report
- File and pay Use Tax report
- File federal Form 941
- File and pay FUTA tax by 1/31
- Virginia Corporate Registration by 8/31
- Prepare and file 1096/1099’s by 1/31
- Prepare and file W-2’w/W-3 by 1/31
- Bureau of Workers Compensation payment and file return
- File sales tax returns for CA and MD