Blue & Co., LLC continues to experience strong growth and is seeking a Business Development Officer to assume a newly formed strategic role in the overall growth of the firm and as a key leader of our strategic plan initiatives.
With direct accountability to the Managing Director, the Growth Officer is responsible and accountable for leading the growth strategy across the Blue & Co., LLC organization. The role includes business development, marketing, strategic planning and execution, and product / service development. The Growth Officer works with Blue’s Managing Director, Executive Committee and firm Directors (partners) to develop the growth strategies to support achievement of the goals and objectives identified in Blue’s vision document as well as annual targets. Provide leadership, direction and resource stewardship to the firm’s business development function.
- Establish business development strategies that align with the firm’s short- and long-term goals.
- Develop firm-wide sales pipelines and drive regular pipeline meetings across all offices and service lines.
- Drive utilization and optimization of the firm’s CRM system (DEX) across the firm.
- Manage and report on the firm’s sales pipeline to keep Directors and the management team informed as to revenue goals, new business opportunities, closed sales, etc.
- Work with industry niche and service line leaders to identify and implement marketing and sales programs to achieve their goals.
- Conduct external market research and analyze internal financial information to help identify new market, niche and sales opportunities; engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those opportunities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments; analyze and make recommendations on implementation or impact within Blue & Co.
- Lead the establishment of a business development and marketing culture across the firm.
- Train and coach professionals in the firm on best practices for growth / business development.
- Develop programs to enhance client satisfaction and retention; measure client satisfaction and communicate results including responses to issues identified.
- Develop and implement cross-selling initiatives to enhance client relationships and retention.
- Create and improve proposals for existing and new clients or opportunities.
- Direct the development of new services including the packaging and pricing of current services.
- Set the firm’s marketing strategy and positioning and align it with Blue’s growth goals and vision for the future.
- Increase overall visibility of the firm in its major markets and industries.
- Manage and direct all sales and/or marketing department team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, finance, accounting or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of sales and business development leadership experience, preferably in professional services firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great leadership skills; ability to establish credibility and be decisive yet collaborative
- Willingness and ability to travel to multiple offices and meet with Directors and employees throughout the firm
- Computer / technology proficiency particularly CRM and Microsoft programs
- Highly developed analytical skills
We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, is proudly ranked as a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S. From a startup in 1970 to ten offices throughout Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, our success is driven by a culture of responsive solutions for our clients and a real commitment to our employees.
At Blue, we offer a unique work environment where you are truly appreciated, rewarded and recognized for your contributions. It’s these very characteristics that led to our being named to the 2018 “Best Places to Work” in both Indiana and Kentucky, as well as named a 2018 “Best Employer in Ohio” — honors we strive to reflect in our communications, our benefits and the culture we create.
Guidance, opportunity, flexibility and support — that’s life at Blue & Co., LLC
Blue is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
No phone calls please. Agency candidates will not be considered for this position.