Fahlgren Mortine is seeking part-time marketing (advertising) and communications (public relations) interns for its Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio offices. The selected candidates will gain experience working in an integrated marketing and communications firm, as well as have the chance to learn about the intersection of paid, earned, owned and shared media channels.
College juniors and seniors with marketing and communications experience are encouraged to apply for the paid 10-week internship, which will begin in August/September 2019.
Potential responsibilities may include:
• Conducts new business and client/competitor research and analysis
• Develops media lists, blogger lists, editorial calendars and media results reports
• Participates in both internal team and client meetings
• Writes news releases, website copy, fact sheets, collateral copy, social media content and other materials, and may support the development of integrated campaign materials including case studies, e-books, etc.
• Conducts social media and brand research, as well as audits
• Interacts with local, trade and national media, as well as bloggers, when appropriate
• May assist with planning and onsite execution of client events, conferences, meetings and booths
• Other duties, as assigned
Other opportunities for professional growth:
• Exposure to a broad agency setting with communications, marketing, strategic planning, media, creative and digital disciplines
• Opportunity to tailor existing internship program to meet individual needs
• Opportunity to develop proficiencies with leading-edge communications technology research tools, including CisionPoint and Critical Mention
• Opportunity to write creative and media briefs, and blog posts
• One-on-one mentoring with designated individuals
• Ability to cultivate diverse skills through a well-rounded experience by working in a variety of industries, including consumer, non-profit, business-to-business, education, healthcare, retail, technology and tourism accounts
• Exposure to a variety of marketing and communications focus areas, including media relations, internal communications, investor relations, industry analyst relations, public affairs, strategic research, branding, crisis communications, social media, media planning and buying, paid search, brand planning and more
To apply, you must be a full-time undergraduate student. While preference is given to public relations, communications, marketing, advertising and journalism majors, all applicants will be considered.
Ideal applicants possess:
• Strong research, organizational and writing skills
• A proven understanding of marketing and communications, social media and online and traditional media
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency using AP Style is preferred
• Solid critical thinking skills
• Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility
• Ability to work independently and in team settings
• Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading
• A positive attitude and drive
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Prior internship experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising, and/or business is also a plus
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume for this internship position here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&hashed=-435773152
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.