As Copywriter, your main role is to work directly with the Creative Director and Accounts Director to lead the writing and message development for a variety of projects and clients, upholding Origo Branding Company’s standard of creative excellence, helping to meet all of the client’s objectives and deadlines.
- Conceptual Strategy: Deliver conceptual directions for campaigns and projects in a diverse set of industries, creating the content and messaging strategy for the account.
- Copywriting: Conduct the copywriting and messaging for each touchpoint of the accounts assigned to you, including integrated marketing campaigns, TV/video scripts, websites, email blasts, blogs, ad campaigns, and other strategies.
- Research & Analysis: Lead the process to work with the client, ask strategic questions, and learn about their business in order to outline the communication goals for the project, helping to guide the copywriting and messaging development.
- Proofing: Assist in the proofing of content and messaging – ensuring that the voice, grammar, and structure of messaging is correct.
- Presentation & Client Communication: Attend meetings to deliver ideas on messaging and conceptual strategies with powerful presentation skills to engage the client on our creative approaches.
- Culture: Uphold the brand culture, voice, and professionalism Origo promotes to all of its clients and partners.
- Communications: Business communications involving e-mails and coordinating projects with the accounts and creative team on a daily basis, keeping leadership informed on the progress of project objectives.
- Presentation Preparation & Strategy: Assist in the creation/preparation of account strategy and presentations.
- Client Meetings: Attend client meetings, assisting the accounts team in presenting creative strategy.
- Coordination: Organize and manage contents, assets, and objectives for internal and external projects in areas involving copywriting and messaging strategies.
- New Business: Assist in business development by crafting RFP responses and business pitches, as well as promoting the company through blog posts, social media, etc.
Recommended Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and clients
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Computer proficiency with Excel and Word
- Comfortable working in fast paced agency environment
- Talent, drive and ability to work independently and in team settings
- Ability to develop own ideas, take initiative and assume responsibility
- Passion for collaboration; intellectual curiosity
- Team player who is committed to their career, clients and co-workers
Origo offers a compensation package that includes competitive pay, generous PTO, and health, dental, and vision insurance. To be considered for this position, please indicate your interest by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (no phone calls please)
Founded in 1985 as Tommaso Design Group and later rebranded to Origo Branding Company, our growing agency has a history of strong client relationships, award-winning work, and a culture that encourages individual growth and team collaboration. We are here to help our partners make an impact. And we work every day to do that in a way that aligns with our values of hard work, honesty, and a commitment to embrace the diversity, ideas, and perspectives of all people.