Reports to: Director, Community Outreach and Engagement
The Community Advocacy Outreach Manager (CAOM) advocate for clients, potential clients and organizations in Franklin County while fostering and strengthening relationship within the community. This leader will promote and further equity for clients falling within IMPACT’s mission by integrating strategies that address identified social and community needs and disparities, creating partnerships, to bring together fairer, healthier, and more supportive environments. Through messaging, the CAOM will address socioeconomic factors impacting economic equity. The measures of success will be the improvement of health outcomes and individual perception related to equitable access and treatment. The position requires strong managerial and emotional intelligence skills to build connections with the target client base and manage volunteer and stewardship plan.
- Designs and implements a content marketing plan to support the IMPACT strategies, communications, community and public relations goals.
- Develops a strategic plan for partner coordination and marketing distribution and serves as point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, residents and others in assigned area.
- Initiates and supports opportunities to engage businesses and neighborhoods in community issues and concerns.
- Creates a robust IMPACT Volunteer program in alignment with Development and stewardship goals set by the Community Engagement Director.
- Writes news releases, profiles, and stories highlighting students and programs that support the IMPACT’s communications goals.
- Develops, manages, organizes and supports IMPACT-wide and Community Action-relevant events, meetings, and other activities promoting IMPACT programs or services.
- Experiments and creates strategies for the best growth tactics (e.g. email list, social media followers) to increase volunteer engagement, program recruitment and expand IMPACT’s mission.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
- Prepares report on scheduled meetings of neighborhood associations, chambers of commerce, city councils, and other key associations and partners and attends meetings in assigned area.
- Represents the IMPACT at external partner events.
- Coordinates communications with external organizations in assigned area, in collaboration with any applicable partner(s).
- Provides marketing and public relations support to programs and departments of IMPACT that adhere to the IMPACT’s brand standards and communications goals.
- Supports and promotes IMPACT when liaising with the media, elected officials, donors, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Supports all IMPACT related staff communications.
- Supports development efforts and special projects as directed by Director of Community Outreach and Engagement/Research and Planning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Standard office environment. Requires ability operate telephone and personal computer for extended periods of time. Occasional travel.
Competencies and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Budget/Cost Control
- Manages segmentation/targeting strategy, so you are sending “right content to the right people.”
- Communications Skills
- Decision Making
- Managing Projects and Stewardship plans
- Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Content Writing
- Data Collection/Analysis
- Marketing and Branding
- Social Media Execution
- Innovation Management
- Integrity and Trust to keep client information
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Temperament and Cultural Competency to work with diverse audiences
- Prioritization/Priority Setting
- Public Relations
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Risk Mitigation/Management
- Strategic Agility
- Technical Skills (e.g. social media, PC applications)
- Verbal, Written, and Presentation Skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional certifications and/or experience
- 2-5 years’ advocacy with those living in poverty or low resource areas preferred
- 2-5 years’ minimum experience in nonprofit service
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- IMPACT Community Action recognizes that a diverse workforce enhances the organization in many ways. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities that foster diversity and meaningful experience